Vacancy- Theatre Technician (Casual)Posted on: 8th August 2019
Job Title: Theatre Technician (Casual)
Base: The Playhouse, Derry, possible touring locations.
Responsible To: Theatre Technician
Hours: Casual, evenings & weekends required
Contract: Casual 'As and When' contract with a 6 month probation period.
Salary: £9 per hr + subsistence if touring away from Playhouse
Job Purpose: To provide technical services for The Playhouse enabling a wide range of theatre & music performances, conferences and events such as launches, weddings etc. This may include touring with a theatre production outside of The Playhouse buildings.
- To set up, operate competently and take down all lighting, sound, staging and other equipment for performances, screenings, conferences, exhibitions and other events.
- To deputise for the Theatre Technician when required.
- To liaise with visiting theatre companies, performers, workshop facilitators, hire customers and in-house projects with regard to technical requirements for specific performances / events.
- To ensure also that the technician’s control area and technical storage areas are maintained clean and tidy and that all loose equipment is secured after performances / events.
· To ensure that all timesheets are correct and submitted on time.
- To monitor consumable stock and inform Theatre Technician when new supplies are required.
- To hire or borrow additional equipment as and when needed.
- To adhere to all relevant Playhouse policies and procedures, and all relevant legislation including child protection and health & safety.
· To ensure that all events have appropriate pre-show theatre announcements, safety signage etc. thereby ensuring the safety of customers.
· If required, produce risk assessments for in-house theatre / event space activities.
· If required, to assist with stage set construction.
- To attend training as required and maintain awareness of health and safety regulations specific to the spaces and equipment used.
- To act at all times professionally and diplomatically, with artists, other technicians, Playhouse staff, customers and other stakeholders.
- Any other appropriate duties deemed necessary by the Playhouse.
Experience / Qualifications: Essential
- Technical experience of working in theatre, music or other relevant arts discipline.
- Working knowledge of stage lighting or sound or audio visual.
- IT skills.
- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner with a good temperament.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and some weekends
Experience / Qualifications: Desirable
· Experience of designing sound and lighting for Theatre
· Experience of set design / construction.
- The ability to demonstrate competent administrative and organisational skills.
Please email your CV and a short statement outlining your skills and experience and your suitability for this role.
Please email your application to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is: Friday 16 August 2019 at 5pm.
Interviews will be held on: Friday 23 August.